Tuesday, November 10, 2009

FIBRO TIP: Don't Do This.


That's not a fair tip. I knew you wouldn't anyway. But boy, sometimes I wish I could.

Once a week, when I can, I drive to my favorite cyber cafe and write. It's a great place to sit. Today, I got a lot done and had a brownie and now I'm home and spinning. Or rather, the fog is spinning around me. But it's okay. I don't have to work this afternoon and I've got something to read.

A colleague of mine, another fiction writer, sent out a call for influencers a few weeks ago. Influencers are people who read the advance copies of a book and then tell people about it. It's a nice form of unpaid publicity because it comes from the heart. And influencing for someone might encourage them to influence for me when my book finally comes out.

So today I'm in Florida. Not really, but I may as well be. After my strenuous morning, I'm taking a nice long break and reading the novel I'm an influencer for. I'm not quite ready to officially influence, seeing as I'm only on Chapter Two. But it's nice to have a "professional" reason to lie around and read. My body likes this job.

Until I'm ready to say something intelligent about the book, you might like to visit Sandie's blog and read what Andy Rooney has to say about women over 50 . Granted, this isn't specifically fibro-related, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who can appreciate it.

The book, by the way, is Love Finds You in Holiday, Florida. And this is fibro-related--sort of. Because today's entire FIBRO TIP should actually read: "Don't do this (see above). Lie down and read a book instead."

No comments:

Post a Comment