Monday, November 16, 2009

Good grief.




I just read that, on average, children laugh 146 times a day. Adults laugh four times. FOUR times. Good grief!


No wonder we're sick.


I'm pretty much on the other side of this latest flare. Still, when I look in the mirror, I see my grandmother, who would be just about 100 if she were alive. I have no idea if what I'm seeing in the mirror is what others are seeing. All the same, I smile at the apparition and hope it helps.


Fibromyalgia will take your sense of humor and stomp it to death if you let it. I've always loved to laugh. But stick me in the middle of a flare and I'm nasty as winter on the steppes.


How do you keep smiling when it hurts so bad? You just do. There's always something to smile about. Under the waves, in the middle of pain, everywhere. I write in part to remind myself of this, because I'm the first one to forget.


One thing I know for sure: Smiling through the fog is like driving with your headlights on. You never know what you'll see.


FIBRO TIP: Smile.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment